Waukesha County Department of Parks and Land Use will hold its annual Spring Workshop & Pre-Sale Event on February 24 from 9 a.m. to noon at Retzer Nature Center, S14 W28167 Madison Street, Waukesha. Free workshops will be held about home composting, native plant landscaping, rain gardens, and rain barrels. Preview and order pre-sale items while attending workshops that will answer many of your spring preparation questions.
Items Available During the Pre-Sale through March 30
- Home compost bin for $50 (normally $60)
- Rain barrel with diverter kit - $60 (normally $84), tandem set - $100 (normally $121)
- 50 varieties of individual native plants - $2.50 each or 4 pack of one species for $8
- Collections available for $65 – each contains four plants of eight different species
- Rain Garden Native Plant Collection
- Native Prairie Garden Plant Collection
- Butterfly and Hummingbird Garden Collection
For more information about the pre-sale, how to order, or the workshop schedule, call 262-896-8007 or visit the County's website.