The Sussex Train Depot was home to the Sussex-Lisbon Historical Society until this past Fall when the historical society moved into the Civic Center. The Village has received grants through the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, Recreational Trail-head grant program and the Knowles-Nelson Stewardship- Development of Local Parks grant program to assist with the funding to move the train depot from Downtown to Madeline Park.
The project will include:
- Moving the Train Depot to Madeline Park
- Renovation of the Depot for use as a trail-head for the Bug Line Trail.
- Construction of a playground.
- Construction of a small parking lot to service the park.
- Construction of a new cross walk across Waukesha Avenue
- Construction of a new asphalt path that will connect the Bug Line trail to Madeline Park, the playground and Depot.
Staff hosted a neighborhood meeting with residents on Monday, February 27th, to solicit opinion about what type of playground should be installed as well as a theme for the equipment. Below is a link to that presentation and the proposed preliminary site plan for the park.